Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Little Things


by M. J. Joachim
It’s a spiritual poetry kind of day today…

I didn’t wear my make-up today
Or put my hair up nice
That push-up bra stayed in the drawer
No perfume to add spice


I didn’t buy the local news
Or read my favorite book
I didn’t do a thing today
And that was all it took

I felt the breeze upon my face
The flowers bowed at me
The birds sang songs and flew away
The dog barked happily

The world kept spinning all on its own
While I didn’t do a thing
Life still happened as I watched
To see what it might bring

Nothing grand and glorious
No busyness in sight
Except that chipmunk chattering
Which is perfectly alright

Then a cloud passed overhead
Hiding the sun from view
I smiled at the gentle rain
That had little things to do

The drops watered the garden
The insects came to drink
The air got cleaned in no time
Is all that I could think

Before I knew it, night had come
A whole new world was this
Happiness had claimed my soul
With little things not to be missed

Thank you for visiting Being Catholic.
Until next time, I wish you every good thing,

M. J.

Photo credit:  Earth Day Embrace, Steve Jurvetson, Creative Commons Attribution
©2013 All Rights Reserved