Monday, March 18, 2013

Holier Than Thou Catholic Bashing – Meanness in Disguise


by M. J. Joachim

All this speculation over the new pope is driving me crazy! Don’t people have anything better to do than gossip about who he is and how he’s going to harm or improve the Church?

I spent some time reading Catholic blogs over the weekend, and I have to say, it was a bit disturbing. To my mind, it’s one of the reasons so many people have problems with the Catholic Church, and it certainly doesn’t represent me as a Catholic.

I’ll admit. I’m a member of what might be considered one of the biggest religious clubs around. Being Catholic isn’t about being a member of a club though. Division is the enemy, not the truth! Divide and conquer and all that blah, blah, blah shenanigans, remember?

To top it off, I watched a video of Piers Morgan (a catholic) being schooled by a devout atheist when he (Piers) was questioning the Church. You’d have thought the atheist was more faith and God fearing than Piers. Then there were those people talking about the Papal Mass taking place tomorrow. I guess Biden and Pelosi (members of the U. S. Congress, and catholic) are expected to be in attendance.

Really? Do catholics have to declare their desires to see these two publically humiliated and refused Holy Communion by the Pope, because they don’t represent their catholic faith well enough?

I have strong opinions about Name Only Catholics, and quite frankly, a few of the people writing blogs, casting stones and elevating themselves above the rest of us, in the name of conservative Catholicism might well be on that list.

We’re all in this together and we’re all sinners. This idea of wishing ill on fellow human beings, because their sins are more public than mine is a bunch of garbage, if you ask me. I’ll be one of the first ones to say that some public figures have no business using the catholic faith to further their own personal agenda, especially when they clearly don’t abide by what the catholic faith teaches. I’ll also be the first one to admit, I’ve got more than a few faults to focus and work on. Do unto others...God forbid if I had to answer for anyone else’s sins but my own! Bashers will be bashers. If you ask me, it’s just plain mean!

Thanks for visiting Being Catholic.

M. J.

Photo credit:  Smiley green alien unhappy emicon, Lady of Hats, PD
©2013 All Rights Reserved