Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A Prayer for Veterans and Their Families

by M. J. Joachim




You asked me what I wanted and this is what I said, “To defend my native country, I’m willing to lay dead.” You sent me into battle. I heard the warriors cry. “If this is what you want, Lord, I’ll lay down my life and die.” You took me down a long path, of broken hearts and limbs. I gave my choice so willingly, to battle for their freedoms.


As citizens we honor the soldiers in our lives, not just today, but always as we cherish all their cries. Their families not sheltered from the wrath these wars do play, we hold them close in our hearts, each and every day. For those who’ve gone before us, and those still coming home. For all those readjusting, the battle field now gone. For those who are too frightened, and those who’ve lost their limbs. For all our glorious soldiers, may Heaven sing God’s hymn.

This is for all those who serve and risk their lives to keep us safe.

We love you, Comrades! Thank you for your service!

M. J.

©2014 All Rights Reserved Photo credit: Tomb of the Unknowns, Arlington National Cemetery, PD-US